Photo: Courtesy of Katie Gibbs
In an experience similar to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” exhibits come to life in a whimsical pop up museum in a warehouse nestled in the Downtown Los Angeles Arts District. Eat, play and feel like a kid again as you move from one room to the next with each room showcasing a different desert. Ice cream meets social media as you encounter sweet surprises at every turn while snapping plenty of selfies to share with peeps on Instagram.
The Museum of Ice Cream, founded by Maryellis Bunn and Manish Vora first debuted in New York City last year, selling out in five days and attracting a waitlist of over 200,000. The Los Angeles location is four times larger than the New York City venue and showcases 10 completely reimagined installations.
The tour includes a banana split comprised of ten thousand bananas, a room dedicated to California, a mint grow house with chocolate soil and the ever popular swimmable sprinkle pool filled with one hundred million sprinkles and more.
The Platinum Card ® from American Express is the Official Card of the Museum of Ice Cream.
Museum of Ice Cream will be open through Mid-August from 11am-10pm, Wednesday-Monday. Ticket prices are $29 per person, $18 for children (3-12) and seniors (60+).
UPDATE: Tickets are now sold out.
MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM
Address: 2018 E 7th Pl, Los Angeles, CA 90021
Runs: April 22 – October 16
Wednesday-Monday: 11 AM – 10 PM
1. The Entrance to the Museum
2. Who Could Resist Dove Chocolates?
3. The Pink Door
4. Guess What Celebrity Ice Cream Lover Could Be on the Other Line?
5. Floral Wallpaper
6. Ice Cream Scoop of the Week
7. Ice Cream Walk of Fame
8. The California Room
9. Hollywood Ice Cream Sign
10. Venice Ice Cream Backdrop
11. Scratch and Sniff Room
12. Banana Split Room
13. Waffle Cone Wall
14. Mint Chocolate Chip Grow Room
15. Chocolate Chip Mochi Ice Cream Sample
16. Sherbet Room
17. Ice Cream Sundae Display
18. Melted Popsicle Jungle by Baker’s Son
19. Gummy Bear Room by Percy Street
20. Gummy Bear Sample
21. Press the Bear’s Tummy to Enjoy the Interactive Lightshow
22. Chaos and Corruption on Something Innocent by Abel Benton
23. Black Cookie Dough Ice Cream Mystery Flavor
24. Dive into a Pool of Sprinkles
25. Swimmable Sprinkle Pool
26. Locker Room
27. Seating Area
28. Table Tennis
29. I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream, For Museum Ice Cream
30. I Scream for Breakfast Room/Gift Shop
31. Pink Bench
32. Ice Cream Sandwich
33. Sweet Sprinkles Available at the Gift Shop
34. Unicorn Snot Available at the Gift Shop
35. Popsicle Art by Baker’s Son Available at the Gift Shop
36. Outdoor Play Area
37. Soylent Anyone?
38. Chalk Ice Cream Cone